RE: Table 16-q Seismic Coefficient Ca, Zone 4.

The drop is because for soft soils, the high frequencies tend to be damped
out for high levels of excitation, such that for Ss equal to or greater than
1.0, short-period spectral accelerations tend to be smaller on soft soils
than on rock.

Regards,
Harold Sprague