RE: Re[2]: ASP - Application Service Providers - how will engineers re

I'd like to know how this made it to our website AND how this company found
out about the thread on our list. Kind of scary when all list messages are
scanned for key words which hackers might locate an opportunity. I did not
see any forward or other information to indicate that it was forwarded from
a list member.

NOTE: this is an advertisement for illegal software. In this case, it
represents an illegal market in Russia that will sell pirated software for a
fraction of the prices. WE DO NOT CONDONE NOR ALLOW THIS TYPE OF BLATANT
ADVERTISING OUT OUR SITE - FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON IT GOT THROUGH.  It is my
understanding that our server will not allow posts from the outside without
subscribing AND that the subscriber must use the actual email address rather
than a forwarding address. I know that I have been refused subscription to
the list based on an email address that I have from Mail.Com which allows me
to change ISP without having to change my actual address to my clients (it's
like a post office box which forwards all mail to me no matter where I am -
I only need to keep it updated on any ISP changes that I make).

Shafat, Can you respond to this and tell us how this post got through?

Dennis S. Wish.