RE: Flat Plate in Seismic Zone 4

Oops.  I meant that you are obviously using the 1994 UBC.  Rw is 1994 UBC.
R is 1997 UBC.

The last 2 UBC's don't mix well.

I saw another post that made a similar error.

If the R value is correct to the nearest 10th of a decimal.  It is probably
the 1997 UBC.  The authors of the 1994 UBC did not have fresh batteries and
listed the Rw values to whole numbers.  Humor intended.

Regards,
Harold Sprague