RE: You Are Your Own ISP?

Bill tell me more:

I am a bit upset lately - here is the problem:

1. Signed up for GTE's DSL service and kept them as an ISP for $49.95 / mo.
Everything went great and I really love the speed - HOWEVER, I tried to send
a client an zipped drawing file 5 megs in size and found out that GTE
personal service would not allow me to send files larger than 4 meg.
2. I contact customer service who offered no other suggestions than going to
a business site for $99.00 per month.
3. I contact the business division who suggested that I can save some money
by signing up for Webhosting for $24.95 per month. 5 email addresses, domain
name and no limit as to file size sent.  I checked the services and moved up
to the $29.95 / mo. service as it offered a 40 Meg website and 2 gig
downloads per month. Other services not included in the $24.95 service are
chats, discussions and other services I thought would be useful.

So now I am paying $75.00 per month. We had a 600 minute Long Distance
service for $89.00 per month. Now I am making almost all of our longest long
distance and toll calling using DialPad - free calls. There is some
distortion, but for the price I can accept it. This means that I can drop my
long distance package to $32.00 per month - saving $57.00.

Net total monthly phone bill is now $107.00 /mo. - still a big savings over
two lines and a combination of business and personal long distance which
exceeds $200.00 per month.

Are you confused yet????.)

Because of the Internet price, I get an additional 10% savings because I've
exceeded the minimum monthly expenditure for services.

Now to your question Bill - If I have web hosting, how do I eliminate the
ISP portion of my DSL service and still get on-line. I don't understand this
and find the process so confusing that it took me a week just to figure out
the basic DSL services that were available.

Please explain this to me as if I am a total neophyte - which fits in this
case.

Thanks,
Dennis