ENR Article

I agree with ENR. Most drawings are a mess. We've been ducking our
responsibilities for too long. (CASE, you should be ashamed).

I finally bit the bullet about 5 years ago. I now do my own erection
drawings, and often the piece drawings for structural elements.
The owner pays for it one way or the other, and I no longer have to
arbitrate finger pointing disputes. It also forces my personell to
get it right, hopefully the first time.

Clients who don't like it have to go elsewhere as it is now my company
policy. But, boy, is it nice to have full control again.

Peter Higgins, SE