RE: More "furrin code" stuff

>Actually, it's not the lawyers that drive things. It is JURIES, who are
>convinced by lawyers that egregious harm has been done their clients, and a
>legal remedy must be applied, in the form of a huge transfer of wealth.

Right as far as it goes, but, wait, there's more. Juries do make the
awards, but it's clients who get the ball rolling. Either arrogant
defendants who want protection from their own dishonesty or negligence or
the chiselling plaintiffs looking to cash in on their foolishness. And
before we get too judgemental, let's think about what sort of lawyer we
ourselves might want if we got stopped for DWI one evening--one who's
sole interest is the justice for all people everywhere or one who'll get
us off the hook, whatever it takes? And if the case came to trial, would
we be praying for a just verdict or simply not guilty?

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw