RE: Seismic Design Manual Vol. 2

Thanks for the info, do you happen to know when and where the next SEAOC
seminar  on this volume will be held or planed

-----Original Message-----
From: Shafat Qazi [mailto:seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 11:49 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Seismic Design Manual Vol 2

Finally! Seismic design manual Volume 2 has been released for sale. This is
the second volume of the three-volume SEAOC Seismic Design Manual. Along
with Volume I, this document has been developed by the Structural Engineers
Association of California to provide guidance on the interpretation and use
of seismic requirements of the 1997 UBC and 1999 Recommended Lateral Force
Requirements and Commentary (the 1999 SEAOC Blue Book). Provides more than
300 pages of light frame, masonry and tilt-up examples

You can order your copy at this address:

http://www.icbo.org/wsnsa.dll/prodshow.w?prodid=SEAOC2
<http://www.icbo.org/wsnsa.dll/prodshow.w?prodid=SEAOC2>

It runs about $60

My take: Excellent document. Real good solved design examples

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
Admin SEAINT

p.s. The final release of IBC 2000 is out.