RE: ENR Article - This is a good one for

Some of us can recall the difficulty to get the proper driver for the proper application to work on proper printers. Your VisCalc or Lotus 123 would not print without them. And if you not using a monochrome monitor you must remember to load the CGA, EGA, VGA drivers.

For all I know, Bill Gate did at least one thing correct. He unified the graphic device interfaces "GDI." Without it, we would have to chase down all those device drivers. Believe me, it is not pretty.

Sam