Re: Seismic Design Manual Vol. 2

Happy to hear that additional seminars will be offered on the '97 Code.
Please don't take this personally, and I hate to sound impolite but why would
the first seminar that could enlighten so many engineers be offered 14 months
after the implementation of the code. I know that volume 2 was just released
but again why was it delayed for so long?  By now SEAC should be working on
developing seminars for and presented before the 2000 IBC is implemented.
Other professional associations would have offered seminars months before a
major code related change were made.  Hopefully when it comes to Los Angeles
seminars will be limited to a small number of attendees, (Unlike for Vol. 1)
so that questions can be answered.
Andy

In a message dated 5/10/00 5:52:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, csh(--nospam--at)soha.com