Re: ENR Article - This is a good one for the Marketing Thread.

Dennis, and others interested,

You might want to subscribe to the steel detailers list.  Many of them are
*independents* and would love to get involved with a *real* engineer.
There is a continual thread of complaint about poor design drawings, and
problems with coordination.  There has also been considerable discussion
about teaming with engineers and doing a proper job.

To SUBSCRIBE to the Steel-Detail list send a blank email message to
steel-detail-subscribe(--nospam--at)topica.com

Notice, I'm copying the detailers' list.  We (many of us) have a common
goal, and I'm sure "marriages"  can be arranged.

You mentioned visualization skills.  You *can't* detail steel if you can't
visualize.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

----------
> From: Dennis S. Wish <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: RE: ENR Article - This is a good one for the Marketing Thread.
> Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 4:31 PM
>
> Peter,
> So share with us. How do you find a detailer for wood framing. I have
enough
> problems find draftspersons who can visualize what they are drawing.
Where
> do I find someone with structural knowledge who can do this and how much
> responsibility do give them?
> I have found an engineer who has scaled his practice down to where he
only
> does drafting work now. He has done a wonderful job for my associate in
Los