Re: ENR Article

John:

I would be very surprised if your method of determining a fee is any
different than anyone else. Basically, we do it 3 different
ways........and use each as a check on the other.

1) Estimate the number of sheets and multiply times our anticipated cost
per sheet

2) Apply a percentage times the building cost

3) Define the various tasks with a number of hours for each task and
multiply the total hours by our average hourly chargeout rate.

Additionally, we will apply an overall factor to the cost depending on
various factors. This depends on our experience with a particular owner,
certain types of construction, efficiencies, length of schedule, etc.

This would not be considered a problem as long as we discuss methodology
and not hard numbers.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.