2000 IBC and Cantilever Column issue[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT Listservice" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 2000 IBC and Cantilever Column issue
- From: "Dennis S. Wish" <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net>
- Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 12:22:49 -0700
Does anyone know if the 2000 IBC has provided rhetoric that supports SEAOC's revised position on embedded cantilever columns in wood framed structures with wood diaphragms? In other words, is it clearly stated that the lower "R" is recommended in the plane of the braced frame or cantilevered column only and that the rest of the structure need not be penalized by reducing the overall R value in the direction of force?
I know that this is best left to the engineers judgment, but I received a call from a company that was concerned as to how this opinion of the professional community was incorporated into the next code provisions.
Can anyone comment?
Dennis S. Wish, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
- Prev by Subject: Re: 2000 IBC
- Next by Subject: 2000 IBC and Cantilever Column issue
- Previous by thread: Re: Seismic Design Manual - Vol. 2.
- Next by thread: 2000 IBC and Cantilever Column issue