RE: Question

Jorge,

According to the US Army Corps of Engineers TI 809-04 p 6-3

"... Primary components and elements are those that provide the structure's
overall ability to resist collapse under earthquake-induced ground motion.
...... Other components and elements are designated as secondary. ..."

Regards,
Harold Sprague