RE: Seismic Design Manual - Vol. 2.

Seismic Design Manual (SDM) in a brand new product that SEAOC developed only two years ago. Yes, it is not the most perfect document. But, let us try to understand what the document's real purpose it.

SDM was developed to provide solved design example for each section of UBC as it relates to the seismic design. It is like a commentary using actual design problems to show how a particular section of the UBC will be applied in design calculations.

Personally, I think this is a great concept. I understand that it is new and the authoring, review and publications process has flaws. But I believe it is heading in the right direction and will only get better in future.

I salute the volunteers that have put forward his unique document. I purchased it right away, not necessarily to educate myself, but to support the concept and encourage the volunteers so that they can write even better SDMs in future. Your $50 can go a long way in sending a positive message. If you notice any errors, make sure you do your part. i.e. inform SEAOC seismology committee about it at http://www.seaoc.org

That is my one cent worth

Shafat