RE: Seismic Design Manual - Vol. 2.

Are there errors in Volume 2? I am not aware of any. Besides, it was released only a few days ago.

To accuse SEAOC of publishing a defective document with knowledge of the defects is being naive. It does no good but give a wrong impression to general public.

My dear friends, SEAOC is your association. Your membership fee barely pays for it's operational cost. It needs your help to produce quality products. So, stop criticizing and get under the hood and fix the engine if you believe it has problems. Remember, this list server is SEAOSC's product. A tool provided free of charge to help us improve our professional image, the quality of our publications and quality of our design via free exchange of ideas.

Assuming that Vol 2 has no errors, would you then find it as a useful reference for your office? If you believe so, then buy it. Review it, and report the errors if you find any. That will make the second edition even better.

Show me your best set of design plans or calculations, and I will find errors in them. Does that make you a bad engineer? Point is, finding defects in other people's work is very easy. Producing a "perfect" document is a challenge!

Shafat