Re:Ignoring Foundation Design With Site-Specific Geotechnical Reports/opinion

Gentlemen,
I have a need to know the general consensus/opinion re: a licensed Structural
Engineer who, contrary to an existing (and current) geotechnical report which
recommends underpinning via a deepened foundation, would recommend fixing a
structural problem through repouring (patching) the existing foundation to its
original status.

Of course he, (the S.E.), stated that UBC chap 34 (section 8106 city of LA) only
required fixing, repairing, or rehabilitation with the same type of construction
of the structure when the aggregate value of work does not exceed 10 per cent of
the total.

I guess I need to know if there are others who feel as I do that this
"professional engineer" was.....

Chris Lillback, P.E.
I apologize beforehand, if this is not the venue to post such a query.