Formwork Design Question

Project specifications state that formwork shall be designed in accordance
with ACI 347R-94.

ACI 347R-94, Guide to Formwork roughly states "formwork should be design for
all foreseeable horizontal loads such as seismic, wind, ...."  ACI 347R is
only a design guide not a code.

Party #1 is requiring that seismic loads be used when designing formwork for r
etaining walls, etc.

Party #2 is objecting to designing formwork considering seismic loads as
unreasonable and outside of normal practice.

I don't do formwork design/review in my office and I don't have many
references other than an older edition of ACI SP4 and ACI 347R-94.  I checked
the 1999 Caltrans Standard Specifications and I didn't find any requirements
for seismic loads on falsework.

My questions are as follows:

1)  Do you include seismic loads when designing formwork?  If so, under what
conditions?
2)  Does the fifth edition of ACI SP4 show examples of the application
seismic loads to formwork design?
3)  Are there any design/building codes that require seismic design for
formwork?

Bob Conley, PE