RE: Flowable fill

Patrick,

This is a pretty good slide show on flowable fill.
http://www.irmca.com/flowfill/

The ACI committee 229 is on CLSM (controlled low strength materials).

The mixes I have seen go in at about 140 pcf wet density.  And cure to about
130 pcf.  They can support the weight of a man in about 4 hours.

There are light weight flowable fills also.  I have used them with a wet
density of 30 pcf and an oven dry density of 21 pcf.

In answer to your questions:
1.	It is a fluid.
2.	140 pcf for normal CLSM.  30 pcf for the real light weight stuff.
3.	It depends on how much subsidence you can tolerate see the ACI 229
report.  The only lift height limitations that I know of are based on
hydrostatic pressure.

Regards,
Harold Sprague