Do we need new codes every three years?

Dear List members:

I was thinking, do we really need a new building code every three years? Really, I do not see new stuff coming up so fast anyway. I feel that if we change the cycle from three to five years, we probably will have better codes that will go through proper review process. Plus less confusion in our Industry. By the time we get to know the new code, we are then presented with a new one. This leaves us open to more errors.
Your take on it?

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
SEAINT Admin