Re: Do we need new codes every three years?

The answer is NO

Unfortunately, it's job scurity for some.....

ACI-318 used to be on a six year cycle....I wonder if that will return

AISC ASD Manual - last one is from 1989 - no more will be issued - yet,
that is what a substantial majority of engineers uses for design.

I rest my case

jim korff, PE

=====
James Korff, PE -  SEAONC, ACI, ICRI, ASCE
Structural Composites
985 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Suite 128, Foster City, CA 94404
Phone 650-357-1653 / Fax 530-481-6749
E Mail: strucomp(--nospam--at)hotmail.com  /  jgkorff(--nospam--at)yahoo.com

"May the DISPLACEMENT be With You !!"