Re: Steel frame in the coastal environment?

I am quite familiar with offshore industry, as I worked as an engineer with a couple major oil & gas companies. I would agree that they have thousands of structures out there, but I am sure the owner would resist having a coatings program equivalent to the oil companies, as it requires heavy maintenance.

My assumption is that the owner will not desire a structure that has significantly more cost or maintenance requirements than precast.

Richard Lindenberg

******* ******* ******* ***

>*   Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
>*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
>*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
>*   subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
>*   admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
>*   "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
>*   to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
>*   type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
>*   email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
>*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
>*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
>*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

-- Richard Lindenberg, rel(--nospam--at)dbfinc.com on 05/16/2000 at 10:33:41 AM