Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Seismic grade

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I am not sure of exactly what you mean by "seismic safety grade".

If you mean Evaluation then you can use FEMA 310 (used to be FEMA 178).

If you mean a single number that describes the state of the building then you want to use a Probable Maximum Loss (PML) approach.

There are no programs that would perform a FEMA 310 evaluation for you, you need an engineer for that. There are programs and simple methods of estimating a PML.

Please email me if you have more questions. I have performed a lot of FEMA 310 and PML evaluations.

Constantine Shuhaibar, PhD, PE
Project Engineer
SOHA Engineers
550 Kearny Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94108
T: (415)989-9900
F: (415)989-9909
E: csh(--nospam--at)

>>> Jorge Ortega <jorgejrol(--nospam--at)> 05/13/00 08:46AM >>>
I would like to know if exist a process to calculate
the seismic safety grade of any building. Maybe using
a software.
Thank you.
Jorge Ortega.

Do You Yahoo!?
Consiga gratis su dirección en