From: Rogers, Robert [mailto:Robert.Rogers(--nospam--at)Woolpert.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 8:55 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: More On Ungrouted Baseplates for Traffic
Signal/SignageStruc ture s

...implies to me that the author's intent is not to have an "ungrouted"
baseplate under service load conditions.  When you start talking signs &
cantiliver support structures I would expect the service loads to be much
greater than the temporary/construction loads; this is much different than a
precast column going into a normal building structure.  Even at that, it
would appear that PCI still wants grout under the column.  Have any thoughts
on my observations ?