Re: Periodicity of code changes.

As long as someone profits from publishing the code every 3 years regardless
of errors, and without any liability, the code, will be published.
Realistically, is there that much scientific data warranting the publication
of a new code on a regular interval? (If the answer is yes than by all means
there should be some sort of amendment to the code) Has full scale testing
been done to back up the changes to the 97 UBC, or was it a compromise? We
all know that the code had to be rushed out by a specific deadline, and now
we're paying the penalty for an ambiguously written and untested code.
Andy

In a message dated 5/16/00 11:17:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, allen(--nospam--at)xyz.net