ASTM A 193 B7

Bill Polhemus wrote:

>>Believe it or not, we don't have a set of ASTM standards available! Go
figure!<<

I believe it!  I have had a standing order for four volumes of ASTM standards
for years, however, this year the price went sky high, so I have canceled my
standing order.  A passing thought that some of us had was for several firms
get together to purchase the CD-ROM and use it jointly.  The price of $7,000
made the thought pass quickly.

ASTM has been putting a "Thou Shalt Not Copy" flier in their books of
Standards for the past year, so I expect that they will be aggressive in
defending their copyright.

ASTM will sell individual standards running from $25.00 for a 1 - 4 page
Standard to $60.00 for 101+ pages.  You can also get individual standards
faxed to you, "usually within 10 minutes."  Go to www.astm.org for details.
or call ASTM Customer Service at (610) 832-9585.

The University of Arizona library subscribes to complete sets of ASTM
Standards, so I go there to look up any standard that I might not have and
make appropriate notes (!) of the pertinent parts.  I would imagine that one
of your local universities or public libraries also subscribe.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona