From: Sprague, Harold O. [mailto:SpragueHO(--nospam--at)bv.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 11:14 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: More On Ungrouted Baseplates for Traffic Signal/Signage
Struc ture s

Bill,

Thank you for your kind words.  I too have learned a lot from this list.  I
am glad that you find my contributions helpful.

It has been several years since I obtained these documents, but I believe
that I got them from Dr. Klingner.  I was doing some research on
substantiating the enormous bearing pressures (well beyond ACI 318 limits)
at the head anchorage of anchor rods.  All the research showed that the
bearing stress (confined local crushing)  was not a problem.