RE: redundancy factor

The redundancy factor applies to the entire structure. However, in
calculating Rho the value of "r (max)" is obtained as the largest element
story shear ratio for the lower 2/3 height of the building. For a two story
building, I would used the max "r" of any element for the entire building
and calculate Rho.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA