From: Francisco Duarte [mailto:fduarte(--nospam--at)LEASUNG.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 9:55 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: redundancy factor

Let say you are designing a two story building and in your redundancy check you calc. out redundancy= 1.0 for all the second story force but once you are in the first floor you calc. out a redundancy=1.2 on one direction. Now my question is do you must increase the second story force in the same direction by the 1.2 factor or you just do the 1.2 increase in the first floor at that specific direction ?
any help will be much appreciated.

Francisco Duarte,E.I.T.