Re: ASCE 7-98 and 1/3 Increase for Wind Load

>[By the way, what is the "Special Edition" of ASCE 7-98?]

ASCE issued a "special edition", copyright date 1998, of ASCE 7-98.  As I
understand it, they needed to have 7-98 in print so that it could be
referenced by the International Building Code.  I don't believe there is any
substantial change between it and the "official" 7-98 that was just
released.  However, I don't have my copy of 7-98 yet and in the mean time I
am relying on the "special edition" I received at the ASCE Wind Loads class
held last fall.

David Finley, P.E.