RE: A588 Weathering Steel

Neil,

For bridges the steel is specified as ASTM M 709-50W.

I worked on a pretty big one a couple of years ago.  Weathering steel is
still used, but it has not been the cure all that was envisioned in the
1960's and 1970's.  Check out
http://www.bethsteel.com/divisions/burns/bhweathstl.html for proper details,
specifications, availability, etc.

I don't know if anyone stocks weathering steel, I would doubt it.  You will
have to order enough from the mill to make it worth while.

Regards,
Harold Sprague