RE: Pumping Concrete and W/C Ratio

Dan,

We do tons of ACI 350 facilities all over the world.  Most are pumped.  The
w/c ratio has nothing to do with the pumpability directly.

Pumps like, high range water reducers, fly ash, and fines.  Pumps,
especially boom pumps, will suck the air out of a mix.  Make sure you test
at the discharge, and adjust the air accordingly.  The amount of air sucked
out is more of a function of how much it drops.  A horizontal "slick line"
will not have as much of an effect as an boom "overhead" pump.

I have really become a fan of the polycarbonate high range water reducers,
because of their effectiveness when concrete is moved by any means.

Regards,
Harold Sprague