SE Exam Costs

I was just looking through the Oregon State Board newsletter and happened to
look at the costs of applying for and sitting the various exams.  I about fell
out of my chair when I noticed that to apply for and sit the Structural Exam (2
days), the cost was $590. I believe that this is the Western States exam,
similar to that given in Washington.  The cost appears to be between 100% and
200% more expensive than any I've seen for the SE exam.  I realise that this
also provides 3 years of registration upon passing the exam, but it still seems
like an excessive fee.  What are other states charging to apply and sit the SE
exam?

--Kipp A. Martin, P. E.
  Portland, Oregon