RE: SE Exam Costs

Illinois SE is $100, don't think this includes any fees for registration
though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kipp.A.Martin(--nospam--at)us.mw.com [mailto:Kipp.A.Martin(--nospam--at)us.mw.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 12:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: SE Exam Costs

I was just looking through the Oregon State Board newsletter and happened to
look at the costs of applying for and sitting the various exams.  I about
fell
out of my chair when I noticed that to apply for and sit the Structural Exam
(2
days), the cost was $590. I believe that this is the Western States exam,
similar to that given in Washington.  The cost appears to be between 100%
and
200% more expensive than any I've seen for the SE exam.  I realise that this
also provides 3 years of registration upon passing the exam, but it still
seems
like an excessive fee.  What are other states charging to apply and sit the
SE
exam?

--Kipp A. Martin, P. E.
  Portland, Oregon