Re: FW: Cold-Formed Steel Design Software

I thought someone else would beat me to the punch...

I use LGBeamer and AISIwin from Devco Engineering:
http://www.devcoengineering.com/dsi/index.htm

This is a nice simple piece of software. Very easy to use but it has limitations. When I would consult with Unimast for technical support, this is the program they would usually use. If you need bi-axial bending capabilities then this is not the package. My understanding was that Unimast uses CFS for bi-axial and more complex stuff.

The following is a list of software for cold form out of there Center for Cold Form Steel Structures. I don't think it is complete.

http://www.umr.edu/~ccfss/computerdesignprog.html

Richard Lindenberg

On Thu, 18 May 2000 11:02:51 -0600, eaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org wrote:
>I'll try again. Can anyone suggest a great program for designing
>cold-formed
>steel sections?

-- Richard Lindenberg, rel(--nospam--at)dbfinc.com on 05/18/2000 at 2:29:16 PM

-- Richard Lindenberg, rel(--nospam--at)dbfinc.com on 05/18/2000 at 2:52:33 PM