Architecturally Exposed Steel

Title: Architecturally Exposed Steel

I recently read the following note on an old drawing set.  Can anybody point me in a direction to find this or give me some insight on what the note refers to?

"All structural and miscellaneous steel which shall remain exposed to view shall be fabricated and erected in accordance with the AISC "Specification for Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel" without gaps or open joints"

I can't seem to find a specification for this?

Zachary Goswick
Angus-Young Associates, Inc.
555 South River Street
Janesville, WI  53545-4827