RE: HSS Shapes

Title: RE: HSS Shapes

>HSS12X12X3/4 ...  This shape does not exist in the
>AISC manual, nor could I find it in the list of shapes
>of principal producers.  Does this size exist or can
>it be special ordered?

According to the HSS availability summary at the following link, a 5/8-in. wall is the thickest available in that size.

    http://www.engr.psu.edu/ae/steelstuff/avail.htm

It may be a mistake. Also, I'm not sure if that can be special ordered. A 5/8 wall is pushing the limit of most HSS forming equipment already. You can also check further directly with the Steel Tube Institute (http://www.steeltubeinstitute.org/).

Charlie