RE: HSS Shapes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: HSS Shapes
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:36:20 -0500
>HSS12X12X3/4 ... This shape does not exist in the
>AISC manual, nor could I find it in the list of shapes
>of principal producers. Does this size exist or can
>it be special ordered?
According to the HSS availability summary at the following link, a 5/8-in. wall is the thickest available in that size.
It may be a mistake. Also, I'm not sure if that can be special ordered. A 5/8 wall is pushing the limit of most HSS forming equipment already. You can also check further directly with the Steel Tube Institute (http://www.steeltubeinstitute.org/).
- Prev by Subject: Re: HSS Shapes
- Next by Subject: RE: HSS Sheartab Equation
- Previous by thread: Re: HSS Shapes
- Next by thread: California SE exam