From: Mike Valley [mailto:mtv(--nospam--at)skilling.com]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 15:09
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Listservice subscriber privacy

Occasionally when I read a message posted to this listservice MS
Outlook 98 seems to send a message confirming receipt to the original
sender (not to the list).  This happened earlier today for a posting
by Kehshin Chi.  If I'm quick enough I delete the response from my
outbox before it is sent, but our system doesn't dally with outgoing
messages.

Is this happening to others?  If so, is this exact behavior unique to
Outlook?  Does this compromise the privacy of the email list?  If so,
is there a way for the listserver to control this behavior?

Michael Valley, P.E., S.E.                   E-mail: mtv(--nospam--at)skilling.com
Skilling Ward Magnusson Barkshire Inc.              Tel:(206)292-1200
1301 Fifth Ave, #3200,  Seattle  WA 98101-2699      Fax:        -1201