Re: latest AISC Code of Standard Practice / Seismic Concentric Braced Frames

I believe that we are talking about two different items.  The person who
originally asked the questions was looking for the AISC Code of Standard
Practice for Steel Buildings and Bridges.  This is a code/spec that
outlines construction and drawing info icluding things like
erection tolerances, etc.  The latest was effective in 1992 (included in
the 2nd edition LRFD) until AISC released the latest and greatest a few
days ago on their web page.

You are refering to the AISC Seismic Provisions.  You are correct that the
lastest was released in 1997 (if I remeber correctly).  The Seismic
Provisions are code provisions for the structural design of steel members
in seismic zones.  An older version is included in the 2nd edition LRFD,
but the latest and greatest is available from AISC's web site.  These
provisions are reference (at least the olders version) by BOCA and I
believe they will/are referenced by the IBC.

I don't get to "play" with the Seismic Provisions that much since Michigan
is not much of hot bed of seismic activity!  <grin>

Scott Maxwell