bearing on cmu wall

I am by no means an expert in masonry design so
forgive me for my ignorance here but I have often
found the wording regarding allowable compressive
stress in masonry found in the empirical design
chapter of ACI 530 to be a bit confusing.  The typical
situation that I have is a CMU wall with a beam
bearing on it.  I will have a bearing plate and
specify that the CMU be grouted solid below the
bearing plate.  If I have type N mortar and 1500 psi
prisim strength called out for the CMU work, what
should I be using for the allowable bearing stress?
Thanks
Ken Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates