From: Jack_Creviston(--nospam--at)kawneer.com [mailto:Jack_Creviston(--nospam--at)kawneer.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 5:33 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: RSDG: Residential Structural Design Guide: 2000 Edition

Dennis Wish wrote:
"...I believe that the non-life-threatening damage caused to residential
structures after recent hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes may have been
greatly reduced if conventional framing standards were raised and designers
and framers had a better understanding of Lateral Force Resisting Systems
(LFRS)."

I agree, Dennis.  My new house was framed last week - I wasn't satisfied
with the builder's choice of materials or the LFRS (or lack thereof?).
Before raising hell I checked the building code and was utterly amazed that
my house met the requirements.