RE: bearing on cmu wall

Roger,

I have always had a problem with no inspection.  I have had to look at
problems that had no inspection and 1/2 stresses were used.  The structural
problem was not alleviated by using 1/2 allowable stresses.  As a result of
my personal experience, I require inspection.  In that regard, I find the
inspection requirements of ACI 530 more to what I prefer.

When I read your post, I thought that you meant that the inspection
requirements were less stringent in the ACI 530 and more stringent in the
UBC.

Regards,
Harold Sprague