RE: bearing on cmu wall

>As a result of
>my personal experience, I require inspection.
Agreed. Over here on the dark side, X-rayed welds usually seem to be
better welds, because people tend to be a little more careful faced with
possibly digging out a defect. It's a pain in the butt for welders;
schedule and budget-sensitive supervision doesn't like it because it
makes corners harder and more expensive to cut. Sometimes you _can_
inspect quality into a part.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw