Hiya all,

I have often wondered what works better trying to constantly "push"
your company on to others in hopes of new business, or "pulling" new
business in through reputation and some simple advertising.

We have successfully drawn new business in through our company
website, which is pretty much a passive medium of advertising.  So
now we are looking at new ways to "band together" with other
engineering firms before getting gobbled up by the sheer growth and
size of the Internet.

We have 2 sites in development www.buildingvibration.com and
www.modalanalysis.com.  Because these are general topics we are
thinking of including an "engineering list" on them, for any
structural engineers / architects / etc. that may be interested.

I think that this may be a potential precursor to a mailing list, by
simply having voluntary links on internet sites.  I am also aware
that links are a high priority for successful internet sites.

Good day for now, hopefully there will be some more interesting ideas
regarding this topic!

David Hunt
HGC Engineering
"Noise, Vibration, Acoustics"