RE: Tectum Ceiling Support

Chris,

You had me confused for a while describing the system as a "ceiling."  As
such, I was thinking of Tectum ceiling panels, but I didn't have anything in
my files on them, at least I couldn't find anything.  Then I started
wondering if you were talking about gypsum concrete and looked in the Gypsum
concrete section of my files and BINGO!

V-200 bulb tees, manufactured by Conners Steel, H. K. Porter Company.
1.88-inches high, 2.90 lbs/ft, Ixx = .497 in^4, Sxx = .473.  From Gold Bond
brochure of January, 1969.

The brochure has maximum clear span tables for LL from 20 psf to 55 psf based
on stress and deflection (L/240 and L/360).  Let me know what information you
need.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Chris Towne wrote:

>>I am looking for some information on Tectum bulb-tee support beams.  The
structure was constructed in the early 70's.  The plans call out for Bulb-Tees
no. V-200-3.  Any help would be very much appreciated.<<