Re: Time-dependent lateral pressure on formwork

One thing I was told about designing formwork for long walls is that you don't design for the pressure head of the full height of the wall. Rather you might design for a maximum of 4' pressure head. This is because when casting a long wall you do it in lifts and by the time you make
a repeated pass, the concrete has already hardened sufficiently that it is no longer applying hydrostatic pressure.