RE: stainless steel and H2SO4

Ken,

Use Carpenter 20, Carpenter Technology 800-654-6543.  They use it for
sulfuric acid piping all the time.  Tell your client it is very expensive.

Also look at the polyurethane class of coatings for acid resistant coatings.

You can use epoxy bar and get a small degree of protection on the bar, but
sulfuric acid attacks the concrete itself.  There are some coatings, but you
should expect maintenance.  Contact Silikal at
http://www.silikalresins.com/index.html for acid resistant coatings.  Also
do the usual low w/c, high grade, dense concrete.

Regards,
Harold Sprague