RE: Weldability of Bolts

Mark,

Quit looking in the AWS.  It ain't there.  Even if the steel was weldable a
lot of bolting materials and round steel stock are quenched and tempered.
When you weld quenched and tempered steel you screw up the alloying.

I am a big fan of ASTM F1554 "Standard Specification for Anchor Bolts,
Steel, 36, 55, and 105-ksi Yield Strength".  The Supplementary Requirement
S1 is for weldable anchor bolts.

I avoid like the plague welding anchor bolts.  I have always found a way
around welding anchor bolts for any loads using any materials.

Regards,
Harold Sprague