Will my engineering career be like this?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] I am a relatively young engineer working in a very small structural design office in California. I have about 5 years of experience and my P.E. license, and I am overwhelmed with the state of the profession. I am wondering if any more experienced engineers can give me some advice about my future.

Will my entire career as an engineer be filled with demanding clients, faxed due dates, less than attentive contractors, RFI's requiring ASAP response, incomplete architectural plans, e-mailed backgrounds and a backlog of jobs that are overdue?

Will architects/owners and contractors continue to make me feel unappreciated while I work overnite to complete their job? (All this and I'm just a project engineer)

Any guidance or informative experiences are appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Flower