From: John Flower [mailto:jmsflower(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 9:54 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Will my engineering career be like this?

I am a relatively young engineer working in a very small structural design
office in California. I have about 5 years of experience and my P.E.
license, and I am overwhelmed with the state of the profession.  I am
wondering if any more experienced engineers can give me some advice about my

future.

Will my entire career as an engineer be filled with demanding clients, faxed

due dates, less than attentive contractors, RFI's requiring  ASAP response,
incomplete architectural plans, e-mailed backgrounds and a backlog of jobs
that are overdue?

Will architects/owners and contractors continue to make me feel
unappreciated while I work overnite to complete their job? (All this and I'm

just a project engineer)

Any guidance or informative experiences are appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Flower