Re: Will my engineering career be like this?

I remember what it was like to have to work like that
to meet a commitment that I was not involved in making
(my boss promised that it could be done by a certain
date without ever asking for my input) - it was not
fun.  Now I am in the position that I am the one
promising the date and have to attempt to put others
through it. It is a little more fun but I don't have
anyone to blame. I would not do it if it wasn't
required and I rarely do it if I know that it won't be
appreciated.  I like to keep in mind the old line:
"your p***-poor planning does not constitute a crisis
for me"
You do what you can and don't neglect your family and
friends.  I have heard it said that when it is all
said and done, you won't remember many of the
deadlines met or deadlines missed - you will remember
the times spent with friends and family.
Good Luck,
Ken

********